The LAPD Wives Association is about ALL of us — every member and her loved ones.
The Association’s Creed is simple:
- We are committed to the success and prosperity of LAPD wives in their roles as “hidden” partners.
- We will speak honestly and use good business ethics.
- We are compassionate, strong, courageous, and resourceful.
- We will share what we have in talents, time, and experience to bring about the goals of the Association.
- We know conscious cooperation produces results.
- We will not intentionally bring dishonor or negative attention to either our husbands or the Department.
- What’s talked about in the Association, stays in the Association.
The Association’s Colors: We chose pink, silver and dark blue for the Association’s colors.
- Pink symbolizes love & beauty. It is the color of universal love and a quiet color. Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth, love and acceptance.
- Silver is the symbol for security, maturity and dependability. It is also reflective, giving us a chance to reflect our true selves to others.
- Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. It is the color of our husbands’ uniforms. We chose blue to symbolize our respect and pride in our husbands’ careers and to show our support in their quest to protect and to serve.
History of the Association:
In the Spring of 2005, three LAPD Wives went to a weekend church retreat together. Although we barely knew each other, we came away not only as good friends but also realizing how different we police wives are from other wives and how we could relate to and support each other. As police wives, we learn to put up a good front and be strong on top of all the other things that come with being a wife.
We know the Department offers support if our husbands become ill or pass away but there’s no support for the everyday issues we struggle with. We decided to try to get as many wives together as are interested in an effort to build strong marriages and successful families through experience, friendship and training. We believe if we have friends who understand our fears and frustrations that we can be ourselves and truly be encouraged by one another. We are available to all wives of LAPD officers and we hope you will join us.